Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Conversations from a typical day with Sean

Having a conversation with Sean is always fun, because you never know what the little booger is going to say.  But we've had multiple good ones today!

After Breakfast
Momma:  Sean, are you going to help mom clean today?
Sean:  Yeah.
Momma:  You going to help with the laundry?
Sean:  Yeah!  I help you clean!  (said "I hep you cleeeeeeeeen") 
I help clean clothes!  (I hep cleen cloooooooothes)
I help with laundry!  (I hep wit laaawwwndry)
I go in the kitchen, I clean my hands!  (I go in chitchen, I cleeen my haaaaaaaands)
And then you gimme knuckles!  (And he sticks out his fist to Pound It!)

Still in his seat....
Sean:  Mom, I get down.
Momma:  Are you all done eating?
Sean:  Yeah
Momma:  Well, what are you going to do now?
Sean (with finger to the side of his mouth):  Hmmm....

Potty Break
I'm in the bathroom, Sean doesn't understand the need to give me privacy.  So he barges on in while I'm doing my business.  He noticed a squirt bottle on the counter.  
Sean:  I need my step-stool.
Momma:  You do?  What do you need that for?
Sean:  I clean the baffroom!


Lunchtime...
He wanted PB&J, but I never know which way he wants it cut on any given day.

Momma:  Sean, do you want triangles or squares?
Sean:  I want Circles!

Right before naptime...
We typically watch a cartoon, then go in his room to read a book before "rest time."  I don't really care what he does for the next 2 or so hours, as long as he's out of my hair (doesn't always happen, like Monday!)  So we're in the living room today....

Momma:  Sean, do you know what book you want to read before rest time?
Sean:  No, I not!  (Starts walking away from me.)
Sean:  I go get my Light-ning 'Queen board.  See you later, Bye Bye!  
(He says walking down the hall, waving.)

And he was killing Trey and I at dinner and on our Costco run, but seriously, at this point, I can't remember.  I had written down the earlier conversations, but at this point, I just remember Trey and I laughing hysterically, not actually what Sean said.  I need to start carrying a tape recorder!  He's just so funny, and half the humor is in how he says things, not just what he says.  Like "No, I Not!" is actually said "Nooooooo, I noooooot."  With all the attitude a 2 year old can muster!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's IS so cute and funny! Love the conversations and how smart he can be. Love to all.

Rozema Family said...

What an adorable little snooter!