Friday, February 27, 2009

Back in the (Workout) Groove

I finally did it.  I finally challenged myself to get out the door, with both boys, fed and clothed to make Stroller Aerobics with my FitMommas group - by 9am!  It was a challenge, I'm not gonna lie!  I actually did make it, and almost remembered everything, too.  

It was so great to see so many old friends - I have been so out of the loop.  But I got there on time, got weighed in for our weight loss competition, and then proceeded to have Melissa kick my ass.  And it wasn't even as intense a workout as I know she wanted to give us!  But it was fun, and I'm now feeling muscles in my legs I forgot I had.  Here's hoping I can walk tomorrow.

And my boys?  They Rock!  Seriously, I have the best kids on earth, IMHO!  They never fussed or cried, sat quietly and patiently.

My boys, chillin' in the double jogger.
Aren't they just cute as can be?

Really, the only thing that sucks is that I don't have an adapter for the double jogger to hold the pumpkin seat.  So I have to take Ryan out of his warm seat into the cold stroller.  But, he did really well today, and I don't see the need to make that investment for just a few more months of chilly mornings.  I just need to remember warmer, plusher blankets.  Though, he has such an amazing built in furnace, he was still sweaty when I took him out and put him back in his warm car seat.  Those must be Latta genes, as I am naturally freezing!

But it feels awesome to be back in the groove, and am already filling in my calendar with what workout I'm doing on what mornings.  Ryan will unfortunately have to conform to this new schedule, but his big brother did it, so I'm sure he can, too.  And here's to less jiggle come Summertime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!!!

Raines Inc said...

Kuddos to you!! I hope to be there soon also