Monday, January 26, 2009

It's A Gas, Gas, Gas

And unfortunately, I'm not referring to Jumpin' Jack Flash!  I'm referring more to the burping every ounce, beating my baby's back, circular massage on the tummy, the fact that Ryan can belt out a tune out of his rear end.  Poor Baby!  He's just so gassy, and continues to be incredibly fussy because of it.  

On Friday, I talked to the pediatrician on the phone, and we basically ruled out reflux.  For this week, we are trying a different formula, the Similac Sensitive, which is the milk-based, lactose-free version.  Soy is next on my list.
We're already burping every ounce; extending the feedings, trying to get him to slow down; massage techniques.
Next on my list is trying different bottles.  We have a million and one Avent bottles, as that's what Sean used.  But I'm going to pick up one bottle of each of the top brands at Target this week.  I've heard good things about Dr. Brown's, Drop Ins and Vent Aire.  Actually, Avent is supposed to be one of the best for gas, and we didn't have these problems with Sean.  But I know every baby is different, so maybe that will help.

Am I leaving out any other options?  Will my baby ever be comfortable again?  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one or two Vent Aire if you like to borrow one. Emily just uses them to *feed* her baby. I gave the rest to my sister, who never used them.
Just let me know! Gas stinks. har har.

Unknown said...

the avent worked for Logan and Madelyn...but we love the born free for Carson.

Mrs. Mandy said...

Connor was a very colicky baby and we used only Dr. Browns and they were a complete sanity saver. Craig did not want to register for them for this baby and I have some serious fears creeping in that's how much I relied on those darn bottles. You have to at least give them a try.
Amanda