Thursday, November 20, 2008

Better Get Those Guesses In!

I had my 37 week appointment this afternoon - along with my third NST (non stress test).  I knew that I've been having some pretty darn good contractions this past week, I was just hoping that they were fruitful!  And they were!

The NST went really well, again, and even I could see that I was having really good, regular contractions.  So then I went across the hall for the fluid measure, and since I had Julie, the Nurse Practitioner, I did get to see my little guy.  Ultrasounds at 37 weeks aren't actually that cool - he looks like a big blob, smushed up against the glass!  Ha!  So the photos she printed out aren't even worth scanning, as I can barely make out the features and I was there!  I do have some exercising to do - Ryan has flipped back to being face up, which means back labor like I had with Sean.  Since I still have some time, I'm going to concentrate on getting him to roll over for me!  

But the good news came from the exam.  I am now between 2-3 cm dilated, and 80% effaced.  Woo-Hoo!  Not that he couldn't decide to chill a bit longer and hang out until the due date, but just another sign that I'm moving toward an earlier, rather than later, delivery.  Let's hope I don't have to eat those words, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Can't wait!

Raines Inc said...

looks like you may go befor me!!! Can not wait to meet the little guy