Friday, August 22, 2008

Week 20 Ultrasound Pics

I know, I'm actually just two days shy of week 25!  I'm getting there....
We had our 20 week ultrasound a few weeks ago, as well as my 20 week appointment, but the only thing they wanted to talk about was my lack of weight gain at that point.  Luckily, those numbers are since up.   The other good news was that all the early signs of bleeding, low-lying placenta, and membranes were all gone!  No complications whatsoever!

And I mentioned to the ultrasound tech, at the beginning of the visit, that Trey's sister, Mandy, had some doubt that what we saw at week 14 telling us we were having another boy wasn't just a foot or something.  Apparently, our ultrasound tech has a sense of humor...

That's right, Auntie Mandy, I'm a boy!  It's confirmed!

This image is confusing, but think of it as if he's sitting on glass and we're looking up at his rump on the right, legs sticking out to the left, and his Manliness in between!

Just to confirm, here's a pelvis shot, with the big ol' man-goods sticking out!  That large black hole by his goods is his bladder.  Note the tech's description as "Not a foot!"

An Amazing 3D face shot, isn't he just the most gorgeous 20 week old fetus you've ever seen?
We think he looks like Sean in this shot!

Here's another 3D face shot of our guy, showing off his flexibility with his foot nearby!

A classic facial profile of our little man - handsome already!

Next post will be a week 24 update, with what will most likely be a week 25 belly shot, since I hit 25 weeks in just two days!   And FYI, I have ONE MORE ultrasound scheduled at 34 weeks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures!! Glad to hear everything is going great for you and baby boy. I love the names Ryan and Evan. We liked both of those, but my brother in law is Ryan and a friend of mine was naming her little boy Evan.

jodi said...

Wow, those are some incredible pics!

Mandy said...

ha ha! OK, I'm a believer now!

Jessica said...

This is Mandy's friend, Jessica. I've been reading for awhile. I just have to say those ultrasound pics are the funniest thing ever!! Way to shut Auntie Mandy up!!

Anonymous said...

What great pics! I'm glad everything is going so good for you and the baby!

Amber said...

Cheers to a healthy little boy! Those are some great photos...seems like just yesterday we were looking at our sonogram pics tryng to decide what our little man was going to look like!

Anonymous said...

I know this post is ANCIENT, but I just wanted to say thanks for clarifying what that giant hole was! We had an ultrasound recently for our son and he had a really similar looking hole in his potty shot but I didn't see it until they gave me the printouts and I swear I spent an hour googling it before finding this and was so freaked out.

I'm sure your son is way older now and probably a healthy happy 7 or 8-year-old? Either way, thanks from a completely anonymous Internet stranger!