Monday, August 25, 2008

Logistics of a New Family Member

OK, I think we finally devised a plan for baby coming into our life!  It's astounding the logistics that come into play when you bring a new family member into the mix, and there are people (read: your existing children) to negotiate with.  It's like negotiating with the Teamsters.  

So here's the plan.  The other half of the basement is getting finished - so when you step out of the stairs, you will u-turn into double doors leading to unfinished storage; to your right, an open finished area opposite the already finished great room (Trey's says its for the pool table, which we don't own); the heating/cooling schtuff will be boxed in; and at the back right corner of the basement, under our bedroom, will be Isabella's new bedroom suite.  A big bedroom close to the size of ours, with it's own full bath, and complete with loft bed and new decor. In blues and browns, in stripes and polka dots, hopefully for less than a small mint, even though Isabella's spending money we don't have in her head!  

That needs to get done so that we can...move Sean into Isabella's room!  Sean will get Isabella's furniture, which we may paint, as it has a slight pinkish hue.  Maybe it will look more masculine once all the girly stuff is out!  We'll decorate in neutral boy colors - reds, blues and tans - and then we can add whatever sports accents, or whatever interest he's having at the time.  So it looks like he'll move into a twin bed with a rail, though he's still so comfy in a crib, so we may have to throw a crib in there last minute.  A crib we don't actually have.  Because it will be a transition for him, I'd like to get moving ASAP.  Anyone want to help me light that fire under my hubby's butt?  He's still obsessed with working on our deck, but I'm thinking that can wait for Spring, no?

The nursery will stay the nursery, same sage green and Classic Pooh.  Some items will move into Sean's room, but for the most part, we shouldn't have to buy too much for Baby Boy.  

This plan is, of course, subject to change, as we get into making all the transitions, and find that they don't all work as planned!  Sean doesn't get what we mean when we talk about him moving into Sissy's room, and certainly doesn't get the whole sleeping in a big-boy bed.  But the sooner it all comes together, the happier this Momma will be!  

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Get to work Trey!

jessica said...

I second Mandy's command!

jodi said...

What's the rush, you still have 105 days ;)

Seriously, though, good luck with all of the transitions, let me know if you need any help--I can send Jason over :)

Anonymous said...

Do you have rails for the twin bed? I'll spring for the bedding for both his and Isabella's new rooms. I can paint and help move stuff. When do we start?

Amy @ FitMommas said...

Grammy, we will need rails for the bed. I was thinking that the twin would go up against the wall, with the rail on the other side.

Thanks for the offer on the new bedding! I've been checking out what's out there, and getting creative ideas from friends. I have a bunch of fabric from Jodi for Isabella's room, for possibly making pillows and valances. I know what colors I want for Sean's room, and am surprised I haven't found what I'm looking for.

The Weber family! said...

Good luck on the new project. It sounds like a lot of hard work coming in your future. If you need any drywall, Chris does sell it and delivers it cheaper than you can buy at home depot or lowes. If you need any help with anything else just let me know, I can try to help out when I can.

Amy @ FitMommas said...

Kristina, we may hit you up on the drywall!