Friday, June 27, 2008

What's Up with SYTYCD?

This being my first season of ever watching "So You Think You Can Dance," I felt I really didn't need to comment too much on the show.  Hardly an expert over here.  But I was hugely disappointed with the judges decision to cut Chelsea T. last night over Comfort.  Granted, at this point, every one being cut is such an awesome dancer it's gotta be tough, but I just thought Chelsea was a significantly better all-around dancer.  Plus, the chick is ripped and has personality to spare!  Oh well.  

As for favorites, I'm surprising myself.  Two guys I didn't think one way or the other about have seriously grabbed my attention.  The first being Joshua, the hulking teddy bear of popping and hip hop, who can seriously do anything!  Maybe it's because he totally doesn't have a dancer's body, but he amazes me week after week at how awesome he is at every style!  The other guy that I can't wait to watch each week is Mark - yeah, the freak!  The guy who's style can't even be defined, he's so out there, and weird, and strange, and that's exactly why I absolutely Love Him!  He commands the stage, and at first I thought "Uh-Oh" when they paired him with powder puff Chelsea H., but their routines have been my absolute favorite so far.  

As for girls, I still love Kourtni, she's got enough quirk in her for me to just love her.  Kherington is a better overall dancer in so many ways, but I just can't wrap my arms around someone so stereotypical on the personality front - like last night, we found out this pretty, blond Southern Californian had a shoe fetish.  Shocking!  

And lastly, a shout out to my SYTYCD friend, Vicki, who will not even read this post today, because she will (hopefully) be having her baby girl!  Yippee!  Can't wait to hear the news!

No comments: