Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Mom's Friday Night

Remember when Friday nights were about going out at 10pm, pre-drinking before you went out to the bars, dancing, and saying "Woo Hoo!" a lot?  

Well, my Friday's have definitely changed.  Take last night for instance.  Sean, Trey and I loaded into the van and headed across the bridge into West County to deliver a dog crate we sold on Craigslist to a very excited dog owner.  After that, we headed over to Sweet Tomatoes, an awesome soup and salad buffet (am I aging myself just saying that?).  Sean was quite finicky about dinner, turning down all of his normal favorites for a plate of oyster crackers.  Then it was dessert time, and much to my dismay, the soft serve ice cream machine was broken!  Ack!  What's an ice cream lover to do?

So I decided to introduce my boy to Jello.  As he sat on Daddy's lap, Sean delighted at the sight of it as I brought it back to the table.  We got a big "Yum!" when he tasted it, and spent the next 20 minutes watching Sean enjoy Jello for the first time, trying to figure out how to get it on the spoon, and once it was on the spoon, how to keep it on until it was in his mouth.  Completely new experience for Sean and just delightful to watch as a parent.

This is my new Friday night experience.  And I wouldn't trade it in for the old days for anything!

p.s. I would have loved to have captured a photo of this moment, however, I have been carrying a camera around with a dead battery most of this week.  I'm charging the battery now!

No comments: