Tuesday, March 4, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons...

So two years ago this week, I was fired from my job. That's right, fired - not laid off or downsized. I was told I was not good at my job and that I was not needed anymore. Any shred of Ego I might have had was gone at that point. Also seven months pregnant, I felt like the rug had been pulled out from under me in more ways than one.

But had it really? My work life had gone increasingly downhill since I had been promoted the summer before. Longer hours, significantly more stress, no direction and mixed signals from my supervisor, plus the realization that I was going to be a mom working 50+ hours a week. As the pregnancy progressed, I went from "Yeah, I can do this" to "Well, maybe" to "There's NO Way!" But how would Trey and I survive on one income?

Isn't it amazing how God answers prayers? I was let go with three months severance, plus I could claim unemployment. That allowed me to not worry about any of that until after Sean was born. And when that miracle showed up on May 16, all of my previous concerns were gone. I didn't know how we were going to do it, but I knew that we could.

And the job I was fired from? Well, I may have heard that there may have been an admission that I may have been missed. While I knew it wasn't me, it did feel good to hear that they knew it wasn't all me either.

And rather than busting my ass for an underappreciative boss who underpays me, I get to spend my days like this.....



Watching Sean marvel in one of the first Spring days of the year, taking in the grass, the sun, the wind, the airplanes. Running through the yard and playing ball. No paycheck is worth missing this.

1 comment:

Katie aka the suburban SAHM said...

As far as I am concerned you got the best promotion there ever was with the greatest pay raise.