Friday, October 2, 2009

Walk This Way

EDITED Monday 10/5 to fix video!

As I type this, I still can't believe that Ryan is not officially walking. He's been *almost there* for almost a month now! But he's also greatly improved his balance, and at this point, is taking 3-4 steps, and can stand for about 3 minutes. And he's awesome at cruising between the couch, coffee table and love seat!

And he knows he's awesome, too, with his big shit-eatin' grin on his face as he's practicing all his big-boy moves! I particularly love how sometimes he adopts a Samurai cry when standing.

The fun part about Ryan trying to walk is trying to get it on camera. I don't think it's ever going to happen. What is it about little kids that seem to understand you need them to perform, so they don't? So I've created a video of all my attempts to get Ryan taking steps on tape. I think it's hilarious, but also wouldn't be surprised if I'm the only one. I mean, I am his Momma, and I'm totally biased.

And you may notice two things - first, that there's a few seconds where I'm extremely zoomed in. I'm not crazy, just had to crop the Naked Sean out of the background. And then about a minute and a half into the video, enjoy the Baby Attack.

1 comment:

The Weber family! said...

Wow, I can't believe he is already starting to walk! What happened to the little baby :( Now he'll be keeping you really busy!