Monday, September 28, 2009

There was a vacation somewhere...

OK, crazy attempt to catch up on all the things we've done! LOL! Children are sleeping, will blog as fast as humanly possible....

Way back in August (almost two months ago!), we took a vacation! It was fun! (Crap, as I type this, I can hear Piglet babbling and talking in the crib!) This year, like the last few years, we spent the week at Lake of the Ozarks with our best buds, the Schneidermeyers. We rent a house together, just north of Camdenton, on an awesome cove, and we rest, and drink, and play, and drink, and swim, and drink. The kids have a great time, and we get some R&R hours logged.

The view of the cove from our back deck.
We really, really love this place...

Ryan, enjoying the Bagnell Dam Strip.
Only so much a Piglet can do...but look cute!

We go to The Strip to play Skee Ball, mostly, but more and more, we're branching out.
Pretty sure the kids would love an air hockey table at home to continue this vicious war.

One of the few times IzzyB was chasing me during bumper cars.
Yeah, I kicked her butt. Like that dad from Modern Family playing basketball with his kid.

Sean & Cole - these two are just too cute together!

We always spend a day at Big Surf water park.
Baby Ryan passed out from all the fun! =)

Momma & Ryan soakin' in the rays...

Seriously, it should be illegal to be this cute.

We rented a waverunner for a couple of hours.
Izzy B & Sean after tearing up the cove!

Andy, Blake & Melissa getting ready to shred some waves.

It seems oh so long ago, but we really enjoy this week away. We are so blessed to be able to take a vacation, out of town, with friends, rest, play....drink. Now we just need our parents to buck up and someone go retire down at the lake so we can have a house to stay at for free. =)

Edited to add: I jammed one of my toes when we were at Big Surf - the little booger tried to start a fight with a concrete step, and lost. It still hurts. Like, right now, I put on my gym shoes to go workout, and my toe is still aching as I put my foot in the tenny's. Vacation memories can indeed last forever!

No comments: