Tuesday, September 22, 2009

And the list gets longer...

I have this ongoing list of "All the things I never had to deal with with Sean that I do with Ryan." I know, long title, and it's a long freakin' list. Same parents, same environment, same upbringing, totally and completely different children. From day one. You hear about this when you have one child, but just like a childless couple, people can *tell* you things about having kids, but you don't really get it until you are there.

If Sean is my creature of comfort, Ryan wants constant change. He's happiest experiencing new, grumpy when you give him the same ol', same ol'. I cannot feed him the same thing too many times, because he bores of it and revolts. It's my own personal Bastille Day.

If Ryan is having a horrible day at home, I had to learn that I need to get him out of the house, whereas with Sean, that was the sign to keep our butts inside.
Ryan starts his day running, Sean wants to ease into things.
Sean is my sweet charmer, Ryan is my gregarious boy.

Sean did everything late - rolled over late, sat up late, crawled late, stood up & cruised late. He didn't walk until 17 months. He has a total "When I get around to it" attitude. Ryan is taking steps. At 9 1/2 months.

But what I've dealt with the most is Stuff. And the getting into Stuff. I used to watch kids in playgroup at my house, getting into things that Sean never touched, thinking, "Wow, those kids are weird."

No. Those kids aren't weird. Mine was weird. And Ryan is crazy. Trying to lick outlets. Trying to go for a swim in the toilet. Exploring behind the entertainment center. Pulling down the fake tree in the living room, eating the fake moss on top. Pulling the toy basket on top of himself. Sweeping the items on top of the toilet onto the floor - Isabella's rock collection has since been moved.

But yesterday was a new one. Another one to add to the list.

See that empty space in the fridge?
That's where the eggs were before Ryan pulled those down.

And there are Nine Extra Large eggs, all cracked, on the floor...
seeping under the fridge.

Thank you, Costco, for selling Extra Large eggs.
Thank you, Ryan, for showing me how much more I have to learn. =)

4 comments:

Mom K said...

You are so screwed. Trey was like Sean but walked at 10 months that obviously Ryan is trying to beat. Good Luck

jessica said...

OMG...how did he do that??? Wow.

The Weber family! said...

That sounds just like my two boys! All I can say is you will be taking deep breaths and counting to 10 A LOT!!!!

Sarah said...

I've got 2 girls, but totally know what you mean! #1- Easy peasy. #2- well, just not.