Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sideshow Sean

As I'm sure I've mentioned a few times, Sean is now getting up and out of bed at the buttcrack of dawn.  Really wish I could turn back time and bring back the crib.  Anyway, this morning, I had a vague realization that he was in my room, but I didn't check what time, and then I was back to sleep.  So I woke up again, to the sounds of great laughter...and what sounded like demolition of some kind.

My bedroom door was shut.  
The room was bright.
I checked the clock, 7:10.  

I crawl out of bed, and hear the ruckus coming from Isabella's room, which is where Ryan is sleeping in his new crib.  I had visions of the bed overturned, Ryan trapped under something heavy, total "Lord of the Flies" scenario.
I peak around the corner to find....

Sean climbing up the side rail of the crib, then jumping off, to the squealing laughter of both boys! Climb, jump, laugh, repeat!  Oh, how I wish they hadn't seen me, because I half entertained the idea of sneaking back to bed to let them amuse each other for a bit longer.  Alas, Sean saw me, and squealed again in laughter, eager to show me his new trick.  And Ryan was, of course, in awe of his big brother, giggling like the Doughboy, and didn't want it to end.  But the fun was over when Mom arrived, apparently, and we had to begin the business of the day.  

In other news, it is my kid sister's birthday, but I'm desperately trying to find *the perfect* birthday photo to post.  Not easy, when it's 80 degrees and sunny, and the photos are in the dark basement.  So stay tuned.

3 comments:

Rozema Family said...

That's awesome! My daughter loves to go "Wake up baby!" She often does the jumping thing. She taught Zach to jump up and down in his bed. It is cute!

jessica said...

Don't be getting any of those embarrassing photos out now!

Grammy Kay said...

I can't wait to see the pics of Jessica!!! Sean has graduated to a whole new level now that he can get up when he wants. Baby, bar the(Ryan's)door!!!