Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Dr Jekyl and Mr Hyde

Or, in Ryan's case, Mr. Smiley Gigglepants and Mr. Fussy Crankypants!

I wish I knew what ailed him.  Because he is the smiliest, giggliest little baby I have ever seen.  Yesterday, while Sean and a few others were playing on the playground, another mom (grandma, actually), asked me if Ryan was always that good.  It was a hard question to answer!  Yes, he is the happiest, smiliest baby you'll ever meet.  But when something is bothering this kid...holy cow!  Poor thing, he's so sensitive to pain and discomfort.  

Saturday and Sunday, he was nonstop cranky.  Monday, he was so giggly all day, I couldn't get him to sleep because he wouldn't stop laughing every time he saw me!  I need to video tape dressing him, because he leaves me in stiches....he laughs like the Pillsbury Doughboy!

Monday night/Tuesday morning, however, he woke up almost every hour, fussing, cranky, crying, needing the pacifier every time to go back to sleep.  And then happy as a clam all day yesterday and today.  Phew!  It's tiring!  

Right now, he sleeps.  Sean and I are enjoying the gorgeous weather.  Warm...sunny...perfect!  Let's hope Mr. Smiley Gigglepants will wake up...

1 comment:

Grammy Kay said...

This too shall pass... but not soon enough I'm sure. Love to all.