Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Poor Little Baby Boy

My poor little Ryan is sick.  Like really sick.  :-(

With his tummy issues, I've kinda felt like we've been three steps forward, one step back.  Overall improvement, but definitely still have bad days.  And these past few days, I felt like we were suddenly only going backwards!  I'd started noticing late last week....that he was playing with his right ear.  Sudden feasting on his hands, even though he wasn't hungry.  Drooling like a mad man.  Stuffy/runny nose (which he's had off and on all winter, but never got sick-sick.)  But it wasn't until later Monday and definitely Tuesday that this kid was miserable.  Really fussy.  We had trouble getting him to sleep, but once he was asleep, he stayed that way.  And on Tuesday, he had a low-grade fever.  And he was definitely spitting up more. (Remember the boob incident?)

So obviously something was going on, but reading up on ear infections led me to believe that it just might be teething instead.  And then this morning, he was doing better!  Or so I thought...by late morning, he took a major turn for the worse, low fever came back and he was inconsolable.  So I called the doc, and they got us in immediately.  By the time we were there, I also noticed that Ryan's eyes were filling up with mucus, too.  He literally just looks sick.

The Verdict:  He has an ear infection.  And because none of our eating changes has had definite results, they also put him on a prescription antacid.  My poor little guy.  He made it all Winter without much complication, and now that it's Spring, the germies finally got to him.

The funny part in all this - even when he was at his most miserable, he'd still try to smile at you while crying, this little silly smile/cry face.  He wanted to feel happy so bad, but he hurt too much!  Hopefully he will be better soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kisses and hugs from Grammy, Ryan!
Hope you're better real soon.

jodi said...

poor little guy! hope he feels better soon. please let me know if you need anything!