Monday, March 23, 2009

Mommy Moments That Suck

Everyday, us mom face moments that we could really live without - maybe it's something that we have done, something that our kids have done, or it's just an overall situation that, for all the love of God, sucks.

Today's moment:  Anastasia came over to drop off some tables she has so graciously been storing since last fall, as well as to borrow our air mattress.  She visited with Trey and the boys and I.  Nice chit chat.  Ryan and I walked her outside, and as I commented that it was cooler than I thought outside, and nestled Ryan into my chest, it happened.

Ryan spit up all over my boobs.  The top half of my left breast was covered, and anyone who has seen my boobs knows that's saying something.   All over the outside of my bra.  All over the inside of my bra.  It dripped down onto my stomach and slowly made it's way to my nether regions.

Needless to say, I ran inside, barely saying goodbye, dropped Ryan into the swing and headed straight for the shower.  There's no "wiping up" that amount of spit up.  At least I can hope that Ryan's tummy felt better after bathing Momma in baby spewage.

Stayed tuned for the next edition of Mommy Moments That Suck!  :-)

1 comment:

Rozema Family said...

Poor Amy - Loren did that to me after EVERY feeding. I wore ugly men's t-shirts for 8 months since I was swapping them out every 4 hours. :) I can empathize.