Monday, November 17, 2008

Magic House....has lost some Magic

This past weekend, there was SO much to do, but Trey and I opted for a big family weekend.  We're kinda paying for it now, as we have tons of Pampered Chef, Photocard, Basement Remodeling, Organizing stuff to do that got no attention whatsoever!  But...it was worth it.

Well, let's think about that for a bit.  Saturday's big thing was The Magic House.  Some survey somewhere actually ranked The Magic House the number one children's attraction...over Walt Disney World!...in the country.  I still find that hard to believe, but hey, there's a survey for everyone, I guess.  And we've all been there a few times - and there's a little of everything to do.  There's math games, a play town, a baby area, tunnels/slides, a water works area, lots of science stuff - like magnets, colors, flashing light rooms, how sound travels, air - and of course, the big magnetic ball that makes your hair stand on end.  Really, everyone should take their kid there once.  

I guess the big question is whether, as a parent, you ever really want to go back again.  Isabella has been asking to go to The Magic House for months, and we promised her that one crappy Saturday, we'd do that.  Well, Saturday was definitely crappy outside, and Isabella can seem to remember those fine details (but not brush her teeth, make her bed, take a shower, put away her toys...).

So while Trey was online trying to convince her that she really wanted to go to the City Museum, I got Sean and I ready for our trip to The Magic House.  We realized quickly that we were not the only ones who had promised to take their kids out when it was cold and crappy outside, as the place was packed.  They also raised their prices ($7.50 for everyone over the age of ONE!  Really?!)  Luckily, we had two buy one/get one coupons, so we went in separate.  I was yet another unmarried, pregnant single mom (the wedding ring came off Friday, I got paranoid I would swell eventually!)

I would say it was....45 minutes....maybe an hour.  Trey and I were looking for the guns.  To shoot ourselves with.  And possibly some children, too.  I kept telling him..."But we're here for the kids!"  And then it was my mantra...."we're here for the kids, Amy, we're here for the kids!"  Oye.  Just packed, kids everywhere, parents hiding in corners.  Sean wanting to do this over here, Isabella this over there.  We were there about two hours and a half hours, and that was about two hours too long.  Well, for Trey and I.  

Trey & Sean "reading" a story on the computer in the library...

....while Isabella was manning the pizza counter across the way.

Sean writing his first of many checks...notice the lefty...
Isabella's other career option, after pizza manager - bank manager!

Isabella during a driving simulation - she'll be lucky if she's ready by 16 after witnessing this!

The first picture of my new haircut - isn't it cute?

Isabella Magnetized!

Sunday, we left early for Hannibal, and spent a few hours visiting with Poppa Latta & Nana Roxy, whom I haven't seen since Labor Day.  We then stopped by Grammy's house and visited with her for a bit.  Unfortunately - no photos.  Anyway, I made it 45 minutes in the van before I had to get out and stretch - not bad!  And I figured the chances of us (well, me and Baby Boy) making it up to Hannibal before the end of year are slim to none.  I'm now full term (!!), so no more traveling past an hour for me!  Sean came early and fast, so I see no need to be far from the hospital now.  And only a crystal ball will tell me when Ryan actually is coming and what kind of sleeper he'll be - so I'm making no travel plans for December, either.  Guess I better get used to the inside of my house....I won't be seeing much else in the next few months!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I totally agree about the Magic House. The first time was awesome, but every time since has just been blah. I wonder how it will be when the new section opens?

Amy @ FitMommas said...

The new section opens December 20th. It'd be nice if they took some of the current stuff and spread it out in the new area, but it sounded like (from what I read while there) that it's all new exhibits.

I'd say the next time we go, it'll be just me and the boys...during the week...and hopefully half as many people!