Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween Celebrations

While we're still coming down from the sugar overload of last week, I'm happy to say that Sean loved Halloween!  I'm so glad - I love this time of year, and have always loved Halloween myself - the pumpkins, fall, trick or treating, more candy than you should ever, ever consume!

We had a Halloween party at our house for the playgroup on Thursday morning.  Sean was not yet diggin' his Pablo costume, so we settled for his Superman pajamas instead.  

Sean, the happy Superman, with a plate of sugar

The party was fun, as always, and I love seeing all the little ones dressed in costume!  Check out my friend Camille's blog to see her Little Elvis!  This was day one of non-stop candy and sweets, and it did not end well.  Clearly, small children should not be allowed to eat sugar, Sean turned into an uncontrollable heathen.  

On Halloween, I struggled to get Sean into his costume - who expects 80 degree weather on Halloween?  Not my dear, dear friend Amy, who so graciously made Sean's Pablo costume.  Out of heavy fleece, because it's almost always 40 degrees and raining on Halloween!  But the costume is awesome, Sean was just very clear that he wasn't putting it on without a fight.  Because, as he said, "Mommy, it's hot!"

Still, is he not the cutest freakin' Pablo ever?

So we headed down to Main Street St. Charles for their Trick or Treating event.  It was fun...at first!  The heat, the crowds...all took Sean and I down sooner than I thought.  While he refused to say Trick or Treat to anyone giving out candy, he happily shouted, "Mommy, look at my trick or treats!" after we walked away each time.  And he clearly does not like people in costumes covering the face - he was freaked by anyone in make-up or a mask.  Even a football player with a helmet on scared him - I know, because he said "Mommy, I scared!"  

Sean loved every minute of Main Street!

We headed home to wait for Trey and Isabella to get home so we could eat dinner and go trick or treating together.  

Sean on the way home - in a sugar coma and exhausted from the heat and the walking!

While we waited, I put together my favorite Chicken Tortilla Soup, as we had Oma Annie & GiGi and Grandma & Papa Z coming over.  Grandpa, unfortunately, had to work (have I told you guys about my dad going to the Broadcast Center, and interning with a radio station?  In his spare time??)

After dinner, Sean and Isabella put on their costumes and headed out.  Sean really did love every bit of it, but he was exhausted before long, and we headed back.  Trick or treating in our neighborhood is only OK - I've heard that there are parts of the subdivision that are hoppin', but the streets near ours our kinda dead.  But in all - we had a great time.  

Isabella the Fantasy Fairy and Sean aka Pablo from The Backyardigans - steppin' out!

Trick or treating at Gary & Sheryl's house

I'd love to show you photos of our carved pumpkins and my painted belly - but, oh wait, we never got around to doing those things!  Maybe Sean and I will carve our pumpkin this week, so we can at least say we did it, and I can make my favorite roasted pumpkin seeds!

EDITED TO ADD:  Sorry to the people who read this post when it first went up - it was loaded with typos and I didn't link to Camille's site so you could see Elvis!  All fixed.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That costume is so cute and the "you've got to be kidding me face" he's giving in the downtown St. Charles pic is my favorite face of his! Stinker looks so pretty and SO grown up!

Amy @ FitMommas said...

I know...he actually looks pretty! Just like his Daddy!

Anonymous said...

Our family is SOOOO pretty!!!!

Love to all!