Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Week of New Adventures

It seems just a few weeks ago, I looked at my September calendar and there was Nothing.  Nada.  Nicht.  Doesn't take long for that to change, however, and change seems to be a key theme around the Latta House these days.  Both Sean and I begin new adventures this week!

Pampered Chef
After four years of contemplation, I became a Pampered Chef consultant this week!  That's right, I've entered the world of home parties and multi-level marketing!  (insert groan here)  But those who've known me awhile have heard me talk about this, know that I love to host PC parties (though I haven't done that in awhile), and know that I love to cook.  And the company was running a special that I just couldn't pass up, and I'm So Excited about this new journey. For those who remember, Mindy is my Director, and she and I are hosting a kick off show for me in two weeks.  So if you're looking for a consultant...I just got my welcome kit tonight, products should be here by the end of the week.  It's like Christmas in September!

FYI - yes, I am still the owner and proprietor of LattaLuv Photo Cards!  I am doing the best to earn my keep, plus one can never have too many creative outlets!  Or tax deductions.

Moms Day Out
Sean starts MDO tomorrow!  I feel like it's a first day of school!  My little guy will go to First Baptist Church of Harvester from 9-3pm every Wednesday.  Sean will learn to follow a teacher and her direction, make friends, and learn some independence from Mom.  I will get...time.  Time to work, time to clean, time to run errands, time to sleep - I don't care, it will be time. I'm sure that day will mean the world once Baby Boy arrives.  And I feel I have an easy opt-out, and just have to give notice before the first of the month if we're not going to continue.  So I didn't just lock Sean into nine months of torture.   Say a happy thought for my little man that his first day goes smoothly!

MOPS
While I've stepped down from organizing my playgroup and workout group (thanks to my awesome friend Melissa B. for taking my place!), I did take on a leadership role at MOPS.  Our first meeting is Thursday, and this, my third year, is my first on Steering.  Actually, I'm co-chair of Hospitality, which is really not that difficult.  We set up for the meetings, do gifts and decor, make sure there's coffee, greet people, and plan an event once a month.  Given that playgroup has a good 20 events a month, planning one is something I can do with my eyes closed and hands tied behind my back.  Of course, the first suggestion I got was a scrapbooking event, but luckily, I had my handy playgroup buds to ask "What the hell do I do here!"  Oh wait, you're probably not supposed to say Hell when referring to anything MOPS related! 

Ironically, this year's MOPS theme is "Adventures in Mothering" - so adventure is definitely the theme of my life at the moment!

Sean and I are also hosting a playdate on Friday, though that's not necessarily a new adventure around these parts.  Just a fun time to have friends over.  So it's a busy week, but my good friend coffee will get me through, as she has many times over!  Actually, I'm meeting with an old MOPS friend, Donna, for coffee after I drop Sean off at MDO tomorrow morning!  And she asked me to bring a PC catalog with me, so it's all just coming together! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would be interested in a Pampered Chef party...I have not had one in years or been to one for that matter!! Are there certain days you are having them??