Monday, June 9, 2008

Week 14 - The Second Trimester Begins!

So, first things first.  I don't have placenta previa or vasa previa.  This is good news!  I do have a "low lying placenta," which just means it's an inch closer to the cervix than they want it to be.  Also, they found a "membrane." However, this membrane has no blood flow, so at least right now, it's innocuous.  I continue to be on "take it easy" rest, and I might get another ultrasound when I have my next scheduled doctor visit, which is next Thursday.  So, basically, I'm good, and both issues will most likely clear up on their own, but they'll keep an eye on it.  I can expect more sporadic bleeding in the meantime.  Yippee.

In other news....Mom and I saw the bladder, which meant kidney function is good.
Saw the stomach, meaning swallowing function good.  
Diaphragm was where it's supposed to be and doing what it's supposed to do.  
Spine showed no signs of spina bifada or any other irregularities.
The femur (large leg bone) was the right length.

So we were looking at the kid's profile and slowly moving from the head, to the stomach, and she asked if I wanted to know the sex.  I said, "If you can tell us, yes!"  So she continued to move towards the groin, and all three of us said "Hello!"


This is what we call the "Money Shot," my friends!

And apparently, my second son is also a pirate.

That's actually the lens of the eye, but it's seriously freaky looking.  Our newest Little Man wasn't cooperating today, and had his face smashed up against my uterus, so we had no good views on 3D, and the 2D were only OK.  

But we got the most important info we were looking for - I'm physically fine, and we're having another Boy!  Oh, here's this week's belly shot.  

I'm now officially in my second trimester.  I've gained about two pounds, and am looking pretty paunchy.  Feeling good, still a touch tired, and can't believe the acne this kid is giving me.  But I couldn't be happier that I'm going to be the mom of two incredibly handsome boys!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh congrats on another boy!

Amber said...

Congratulations on another boy!! I am so glad to hear that little man #2 is doing well!

Karon said...

Another boy!! Congratulations!!! That's a lot of testosterone in one house!

jodi said...

Congrats on the good news all around! I'm so happy for you guys.

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratultions!! That money shot is classic!! Glad to hear all is going well! Jessica O'C