Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday Morning Musings

Commentary from the past few days...

Ryan face planted in the street again yesterday, and he has officially bled from the mouth more than Sean has bled...ever.

This past weekend, I witnessed my dear father-in-law have a clean-freak freakout, and yesterday evening, his son (that would be my husband) did the exact same thing.  Now I know where he gets it.  (Right, Roxy?!) It was just short of 5pm last night, and he looked at the kitchen/dining room area and actually said, out loud, "But this was clean last night!"  Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!  I think he needs to spend more alone time with his boys.

Last night, a certain someone confessed that she has had a boyfriend for 12 days.  And then she hid under the blanket on the couch for 15 minutes while she told us all about it.  But we've been sworn to secrecy.  It was cute.

As I type this, I just watched my son Ryan put his breakfast straight into the dog's mouth.  I have lost all control of Sophie's table manners.

Sometimes I need a cup of coffee just so I can function long enough to make a pot of coffee.  This morning, I tried to pour the water into the coffee container, and forgot to put in a filter.

Right now, my house is half Fall/Thanksgiving and half Christmas.  I guess I'm not quite ready to face the reality of December.

I hope we have enough wood for a fire in the fireplace tonight.  Sleet & snow in the forecast.

Trey and I have discovered another way our boys are completely different.  To be blunt, Ryan likes his family jewels.  A Lot.  You have to pry his hand off in order to get the diaper changed.  I have a feeling he'll need a lot of "alone time" as a teenager.

Yesterday, Sean and I were talking about the reason for Christmas.  Long story short, Santa Claus brings us presents so that we can all celebrate Jesus' birthday.  But Sean did clarify that Jesus doesn't eat cake.

As of this week, Ryan is finally Clapping!  Yay!  There's something to cheer for!

Sometimes I think God is using Ryan to punish me for having such an easy first child.  I love him, but seriously, he's always complaining.  And he doesn't even talk yet.

For those of you who think Facebook is useless, I am so happy to report that I had dinner with my two best friends from high school Monday night, and was put in contact with another great friend yesterday.  Hadn't seen Missy since our freshman year of college.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  Thank you, Facebook, for bringing us back together.

One of the stories that I was relaying to Missy and Barb on Monday night was how great my boys play together.  The sentence started out with "Just today, Sean was pulling Ryan around with the dog leash and...."

This week, I saw Ryan walk up to his big brother, and shove him down with two hands.  It Has Begun.

Yesterday, the boys and I made a trip to the library.  I thought it was so cute when Ryan pulled a board book from the toddler shelf and placed it in our Library Tote.  And then he started pulling books five at a time, laughing maniacally, and quickly demolishing the entire toddler section in a matter of minutes.  He's that kid.

I guess I better get working on those Thanksgiving posts, right Momma Kay and Aunt Jan?  Love you guys!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

One thing about it, there's never a dull moment at your house!!!