Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ga-Ross!

Just a quickie post....

So I'm making one of my favoritist dinners tonight - Garlic Chicken Penne. Isabella and Sean and half the kids in the neighborhood are outside, playing kickball. Trey's (finally) tilling my side flower bed.

And Ryan is crawling around on the kitchen floor, exploring, laughing, playing. For no particular reason, I look down at him. He's chewing on a diaper. Which I don't think much of, and I say, "You silly goose, where'd you get that?" And then I start to wonder - where the Hell did he get that.

Oooooooohhhhh Eeeeemmmmmmm Ggggggeeeeeee! That diaper is wet, with pee. That's Ryan's diaper in his mouth!! (Swallow the tiny bit of vomit that just came up.) My first - completely irrational - thought is how the heck did he get into the trash can, open a wet diaper, etc. And then the realization hits....

Ryan is wearing a pair of overall shorts over a t-shirt. All clothing is intact. And yet he is wearing No Friggin' Diaper! My baby is Houdini reincarnated. He removed his wet diaper, without removing his clothing, all while hanging out under my feet as I cooked.

I'm still in shock.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

EEEEEWWWWWW! What a stinker!...but a really cute one!!

grandma said...

yikes! but what a wonderfully delightful youngun'

grandma said...

yikes, indeed!