Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day '09

For Father's Day this year, we had the Grandpas over for a Father's Day BBQ - Grandpa Phil & Oma Annie, Poppa Latta & Nana Roxy, and Papa Z all came over for some good company, US Open conversation and, of course, good food! Oh, and lots and lots of baby time! (Seriously, Ryan wouldn't nap more than 30 minutes, even though he was exhausted!). And even better, Poppa Latta & Nana Rox brought Isabella down from Hannibal so we could be with us.

Trey and I are getting pretty good at these family get-togethers. And quite frankly...I Love Them! I mean, I'm pretty sure I come across as completely stressed out the whole time, but secretly, I'm bummed when everyone's gone and the house is quiet again. And, seriously, how knew my hubby was such an awesome chef? =)

Anyway, our menu was....Baby Back Ribs, marinated Italian and BBQ Chicken, German Potato Salad (my first try!), Baked Beans (also my first try!), Sweet Corn on the Cob, Asian Broccoli Coleslaw, Spinach & Baby Greens Salad, plus the usual chips, dips, relish tray...and, a store-bought Key Lime Pie. No, MOPS/Bunco moms, the Mini Fruit Tarts did not make it the menu. Will have to bust those out for the next function!

We really had a great, relaxing time, but unfortunately, the only pic I got was this one....and it's worth sharing....

Grandpa Phil, rocking Ryan (and himself) to sleep.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOL. Looks like Grandpa is nursing Ryan. :)
Glad you had a great BBQ!