Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Reflections on Three Years

Dearest Sean,

This past week you turned three years old.  And Momma is in full-on realization that you are no longer a baby.  Oh, you will always be Momma's Baby Boy, my first born, with you from start to finish.  But you are so much your own person now - so sweet, thoughtful, funny, silly, goofy, quiet, shy, laid-back, athletic, not to mention more handsome than I could have ever imagined!  With your big brown eyes and big smile, and your curly, moppy hair and tall, slender body, you are the perfect mix of your Mommy and Daddy.  You are such a complete joy to have in my life, and what an amazing three year journey we have enjoyed together.  

I can see so much of me in you - shy, reserved, fearful.  I hope you do not let these traits hold you back, that you reach for all you desire without fear of failure.  Momma will be right there behind you no matter what.  

But make no doubt about it, little boy, you will go far in this world.  Your charm and sweetness are unmatched, you give love so freely and easily, no amount of "things" you can acquire in this world will match the joy you will bring to all those around you.  

I look forward to cracking more jokes with you, investigating the world together, being your jungle gym, your snuggle bunny, your storyteller, and your guide in this life.  

I love you now and forever, from the bottom of my heart and with all that I have.

Love,
Your grateful Mommy

10 Days Old

1 Year Old

2 Years Old

3 Years Old

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Such a beautiful little boy! I love you,Sean, and can't wait to see you.