Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Where's the Wood?

As I'm typing this, I am well aware that I should be knocking on wood.  Because, it seems, my happy, bubbly baby boy is back!  You saw that video from yesterday morning?  He was like that All Day!

Yesterday was like a new kid!  I'm sure it's the old kid, but after two and half weeks, I kinda forgot that my baby can, in fact, have a gloriously happy day!  So I'm definitely leaning towards the sickness hangover and not colic.  I'll keep that wood around for another week or so before I call it!

The only bad thing is his sleep is still off - his naps are all over the place!  So I think this a perfect time to reshape his nap schedule.  I mean, really, how am I supposed to leave the house if the kid takes four naps a day!?  I realize that I should not complain at all - my kid sleeps through the night, usually until 7 or 7:30.  But the 2nd time mom in me is ready for this kid to work with what Sean and I already have going!

And I think the Axid may be doing some good.  The doc clarified that it reduces the acid in the stomach, it does not keep Ryan from spitting up.  But Sean was a Happy Spitter for most of his first year, so I'm looking at a laundry problem, which I guess I can deal with!  Ryan is definitely less gassy and less fussy on this medicine.

So, all in all, things are good.  It was this time last year that I found out I was pregnant with Ryan - a birthday gift for both Trey and I!  So much happened this past year, and I am so blessed to be here this week, with my family around me, in a house full of love and happiness!

No comments: