Monday, March 16, 2009

Gibber Jabber

I love it when our Parents As Teachers educator comes to the house.  Nothing like being told over and over what a genius your child is!  Seriously, I'm starting to think she just tells everyone this, but I'll take it - it's a great ego booster for us worn out moms to hear how awesome your kid is from an authoritative source!

So Miss Kim came last Thursday, and the focus was, of course, on Sean.  She did a full language assessment on him - an auditory assessment - and it seems my little brain child has a 5-6 year old's understanding of language.  Of course, I had to confide in Kim the funny irony of wishing your child would talk, and then when they finally do, you wish they would just shut up sometimes!  Regardless, Sean did outstanding, and Momma is so proud of him - not just for his level of understanding, but also to have the control to sit through the entire testing!  

But Kim was also impressed with Ryan - how strong he is, the way he holds himself up already, and his language also.  Of course, if you had a two year old in your face every day talking, you'd probably pick up a few things too!  This kid loves to talk, too!

So I have tons of videos of Ryan talking, but I suspect I may be the only one who can watch a million videos of my baby babbling all day long!  

Here is Ryan talking at the end of January:


And here is a video of Ryan talking to Trey just last week:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I miss hearing baby chatter!
Ryan is going to be talking your ear off before you know it! He'll give big brother a run for his money!

jessica said...

Can't wait to see both of them this weekend!