Monday, February 2, 2009

First Annual Girls Weekend at the Lake

There are some positives to not breast feeding this time around.  I was able to get away for a whole weekend - with the girls - without the family!  And, no, I didn't feel guilty about it one bit!  I've been so sleep deprived, just the thought of two nights away from home to get as much sleep as I want sounded just too good to be true!  As it turns out, I wasn't actually able to sleep through either night, but at least I wasn't getting up to soothe or feed any babies!

Melissa set up the first girls weekend for us - our hubbies get together in the summer time for a boys weekend.  Missy was not able to come, but Amber drove down from Iowa and Melissa and I met up in Eureka and drove down to the lake together.  We stayed at the same house in Camdenton that we stay on our family vacation.  There was a bit of speculation as to whether or not we'd make it to the house, given the snow and ice that we got the week before, but the promise of 50 degree weather on Saturday was all I needed to say "Let's Go!"  Worse case scenario, we stay in a hotel Friday night and let the sun and warmth melt the ice and snow on Saturday.


The view of the frozen lake from the deck.  


The drive to the house Saturday afternoon.

But the worry was all for not, most of the snow and ice was gone, and thanks to four wheel drive, the steep driveway was no big deal.  We drank a margarita or two Friday night.  Slept in Saturday, hit the spa in the afternoon.  Full rub down and a glass of wine.  Nice.  Then we ate an early dinner, which included a mud slide for me.  Feeling good.  Then we headed to Peckers, the piano bar, which involved a mandarin orange vodka & orange Monster, and I topped the evening off with five Blue Moon drafts.  Ahem.  Needless to say, I jumped head first back into the drinking world, and was nice and drunk!  WooHoo!  Luckily, I drank 3-4 bottles of water over the course of the night, so I wasn't feeling too bad in the morning.  Just cloudy...


Drunk Mommas at Peckers


Amber & Melissa


Melissa & Amy


Amy & Amber
I'm pretty toasty at this point.

Amber had a longer drive back, so she left the house early to get some shopping in and head out.  Melissa and I hung out at the house, cleaning up, talking and moving slow.  We got home just in time for the start of the Super Bowl.  

Definitely can't wait until next year, ladies!  And I think we need to recruit some more Mommas in need of a break - it was too fun not to share!  Not to mention, I think we need a summer trip, also.  No fair that the boys get a day out on the boat!  I totally think we can talk Justin into letting Amber drive the big rig down!  :-)

No comments: