Monday, January 19, 2009

What A Week - Redux!

Let's just lay it out on the table.  Last week sucked.  I can only guess that Ryan was hitting his 6 week growth spurt - he was all over the place with feedings and sleeping.  Any pattern that had started to emerge was out the window.  I was in pain from the lack of sleep!  Add to that, Sean got some random virus - fever and rash, oh my!  

By the weekend, Ryan's growth spurt was coming to an end, but both boys have stuffy/runny noses.  How are we getting sick if we're not leaving the house?  I can only guess that Isabella and/or Trey are bringing in the yuckies.  Luckily, regardless of the lack of sleep, I'm staying healthy.  Maybe it's all the caffeine!

But now, I'm worried that Ryan may be having gas or reflux issues.  Last night, for instance, he was up Every Hour, except for the 3am hour.  And not to eat, but fussing and arching his back.  A little bit of spit up, but nothing crazy - nothing like his big brother used to do.  He's not full out screaming crying, just fussing, whimpering, arching his back.  Poor Baby!  So I'm going to keep my eye on him, burp him more often, and try to take note of specific reactions.  Right now, I don't have much to tell the doctor if I called.

In the meantime, I take heart in knowing that another 6 weeks or so, and my life will be completely different, and hopefully will involve much more sleep!  And I can only hope less laundry, but I know better!  And wouldn't it be nice to have another "me" to do the laundry, cleaning and cooking while I tend to the boys?  Oh, wait, let the other "me" tend to the boys while I sleep, that's right!

OK, going to attempt to get both boys and myself out of the house this morning.  I'll try to get Christmas Morning posted later today!

No comments: