Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Checklist

Since I am sitting here, literally just waiting for real labor to begin, I've been going over in my head the mental "are we ready?" checklist:
  • Ryan's room (or space or mini-nursery!) - check
  • Diapers/wipes/creams/lotions....gas drops! - check (well, until we need to buy more!)
  • All clothes washed and put away - check
  • My bag packed - check (though the contents of which seem to change daily - it would help if I knew for sure it was going to be mild or cold!)
  • Ryan's clothes packed (in with Momma's stuff) - check
  • Car seat installed - check
  • All baby gear ready - carrier, swing, bouncy, stroller - check
  • Post-delivery feminine unmentionables on hand - check (thanks, baby shower mommas, for reminding me of this fun stuff!)
  • Full freezer of food - check (and yet, I feel I need to buy more...)
  • Baby bottles washed and put away - check
  • Directions to hospital sent out to grandparents - check
  • List of go-to's for Sean - check
Am I missing anything?  

I guess I can go clean the breast pump supplies - they have been in storage awhile.  Hmmm, maybe I need to go buy some storage bags?  
I wish I knew just how big he was - I have this feeling I need to buy more Newborn size diapers, I have lots of size 1s.  

Anyway, I have my 38 week appointment at 1pm today.  We'll see if those contractions I've been having this week have amounted to anything!  Of course, I love every opportunity to hear Ryan's heart beating, and he always moves around like a Mexican jumping bean when they strap the monitors on me.  And Sean is such an amazing kid, sitting there, playing or reading or talking to me through monitoring.  I realize this is something not every toddler would do for his Momma!  Please pray for me, however, that the Crabass that was my son yesterday got good sleep last night!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Make sure your gas drops weren't on the recall list! Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Raines Inc said...

Not much longer!!! You may have a turkey baby!!!