Friday, October 3, 2008

Week 30 - Reflections on an Insane Week

This is the 30 week mark, the home stretch.  In two months, I have a new kid in my arms!  WooHoo!

This was also quite possibly one of the most insanely busy, crazy weeks I have had in a long time, and yes, I'm considering just a few weeks ago when Sean was sick.  If everything could converge on one week - this was it!  I keep wondering if I should continue to pray for patience and strength, because I believe that's why I keep having to deal with extreme situations that require insane amounts of patience and strength!

Monday was Doctor day - Chiropractor in the AM, OB in the PM.  Dr. Quinn, my Chiro, was a Godsend, as always, and when I went over the extreme pain I was having, after he chastized me for not coming in the week before, we agreed that it was time to do down to once a week adjustments.  I should not have to endure that pain, get my butt in here was the general consensus. He felt that I was already doing everything that I could to help alleviate the discomfort, but was happy that I was going to see my OB later on to get her opinion.  
(Today is massage day with Annie - YAY!)

Fast forward to that afternoon....Guess What?  I'm doing everything right!  Dr. Matuszek suggested yoga, a chiropractor, massage, stretching. All the things I'm already doing!  She said that with the pronounced sway in my back, I was just one of those lucky women who endure back and hip issues during pregnancy - it has nothing to do with my weight, it's just me.  She conceded that relief would most likely come with delivery.  So Bring It On!

In other news, Ryan and I are perfectly healthy, I've gained about 15 pounds, everything is measuring good, blood pressure is outstanding, etc.  We're now down to every two weeks for visits, and at week 34, we get my last glimpse of Ryan before he's born.

Week 30 Belly Shot - in stripes!

Week 30 - Naked Belly Shot

The rest of the week defies sanity - and sleep.  For starters, I can count on one hand how many days Trey has worked overtime this year, until the past two weeks - he's now working more hours than we can count.  I started my Photo Card business at the beginning of the year, have only had one paying customer and a handful of personal jobs here and there - and yet six new orders came in the past week!  (Gargantuan thanks to my sister-in-law, Mandy, who's recent birth announcements sparked at least three of those orders!)  Oh, and that little Pampered Chef business I just started a month ago.  So I've been a single parent, running two at-home businesses, still trying to feed and clean my family and get enough rest to build that baby.  Yes, something will have to give.  Still trying to figure out what that is.

In the meantime, after a few months this summer of not making ends meet, and having to dip into savings to pay bills, we are blessed with extra income to make up for that and get ready for baby coming.  Trey and I just have to figure out the balance between home, work, family and us.  
Balance.  That is my theme for 2008.  

1 comment:

jessica said...

You look great! Can't wait to meet my new nephew Ryan.