Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkin Farm #2!

After Saturday, you'd think we'd stay home and rest on Sunday.  No.  Not us.  On Sunday, Grammy made us breakfast, and then we got ready for our yearly family trip to the pumpkin farm.  Unfortunately, as I mentioned, Isabella opted to not come these past two weekends, and she and Trey are in Chicago this weekend.  So we won't have her again until Halloween weekend, and by then it will be too late for our family pumpkin patch visit.  So this weekend it was, given the warm weather!  We missed you, Isabella!

And while I say "warm weather," let's be clear - it was Friggin' Hot!  I would have been more comfortable naked, but am pretty sure it might have made others uncomfortable.  We headed to Thies' Farm in Maryland Heights - our new favorite place, after years of going to Rombach's. We visited the petting zoo, ran into a friend of Trey's, got a cool beverage and a snack at concessions.  Then we headed into the play area, and the man was nice enough to not charge for Sean.  First up was the big slide, which Trey and Sean rode together last year.  Which is what I was expecting when I was standing at the end, ready to take a picture.

Instead, Sean came shooting down by himself!
I wonder if he's having a good time?

Just to be sure, I blew the photo up - and yes, it appears that Trey did in fact throw Sean under the bus here - er, I mean down the slide!  
Doesn't that kid look happy?

Ah, this is more Sean's style - having Dad push him around the farm on a mini-John Deere!

Grammy  & Sean aboard the pirate ship!

How Tall This Fall?
Hard to tell with that mop o' curls on top!

We also climbed around on some pumpkins, rode the hayride wagon around the farm.  Which threw something out in my lower back, and I creaked around until my chiropractor appointment Monday morning!  The pictures from the hayride are...well, not good, so you'll just have to pretend you were there!  But we had a great time, and then scooted out of there for a Sunday drive.  We drove up through the farms on the way to Trey's work, off of Hwy 94, north of Boschertown.  We supported the local mom and pops and picked up some pumpkins and hay for the front porch.  

But we didn't rest when we got home!  We decorated the porch, packed Grammy up and Grandma and Papa Z showed up!  I was a smart cookie and threw some sirloin in the crock pot that morning, and we had a great dinner and visit that evening.  

And then we crashed!

Trey, Sean & Amy

3 comments:

Mandy said...

um, his face on the slide is priceless.

jessica said...

I think your husband has scarred your child for life!

Poor Sean.

Amber said...

That slide looks awesome, even though Sean didn't look like he was enjoying it too much!

I like the new look of your blog! I see you found my new favorite blog template site!!