Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm Just So Hungry!

What is it about pregnancy that brings on ravenous hunger?  I distinctly remember this with Sean, casually telling Trey that I was hungry, and within minutes ripping his head off because I was so hungry I wanted to eat his arm.  I can't remember if this was just a certain trimester or the whole pregnancy, but I remember it!

So far, this has only hit a few times, and not quite as intense as I remember with Sean.  But last night was a new experience.  After our long weekend out of town, we treated Mom and Jay to a big dinner of grilled steak, roasted potatoes and roasted asparagus - Major Yum! - for taking care of Sophie for us.  I definitely ate until full, though I didn't overstuff myself.  By bedtime, I was telling Trey how I already felt hungry again, but I went to bed.  By 4am, I was up and out of bed, rummaging in the kitchen, looking for something light enough to satisfy the hunger, but let me go back to bed.  Two hours, two english muffins and a cup of yogurt later, I was finally satisfied enough to be able to go back to bed!  

Trey thought I was a nut, telling me to just go to bed, with me responding with a bit of a whine "But I'm just so hungry!" I heard Sean calling for me around 7am, but luckily for me, he must have fallen back to sleep, because it was 9:45 before I heard him again, and this time, I was ready to get up as well.  So we've been up just a little bit, and of course, I'm ready to eat again!  I better go shopping today, otherwise I'm going to be eating cardboard by the end of the day!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I remember those times all too well. If I did not get food withing minutes of feeling hunger pains it was nausea city! Hang in there, that part will all be over soon!

Anonymous said...

That was the FUN part of pregnancy to me!!! I think I calcuated it....you need 56,000- 84,000 KCALS to feed that baby!!

40 weeks (7 days) = 280 days prego

Need 200-300 EXTRA KCALS a day= 56,000-84,000..

EAT UP!!!! SHE needs it!

Angie said...

Oh I remember those days!! Food never tasted so good! I kinda miss that, I would get up just about every night and eat. I would say just enjoy it! :) Glad to hear all is going well with you.