Wednesday, May 7, 2008

David Archuleta's "Love Me Tender"

I only recently started watching American Idol this season (Thanks, DVR!), so I never had any favorites from the beginning. Missouri boy, and resident rocker, David Cook is probably my favorite of the final four - he's a good lookin' guy, great voice and stage presense.  But last night, I was blown away by Lil' David Archuleta.  Check out his version of "Love Me Tender" by Elvis Presley.




Now, this kid's got pipes, but his style of singing isn't necessarily my favorite.  Plus, he's 17, but looks 12, so I don't get the "pop star" vibe from him.  But "Wow" was all I could think listening to him sing this song, and even Trey (big-time Elvis fan) got chills from his rendition.  He evoked a bit of Aaron Neville, captured Elvis' tenderness, but still giving it all his own style.  So I hope the kid wins it all - he deserves it!

No comments: