Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Week 7....continued....

I am ecstatic to announce that the near-disappearance of my nausea and my mild cramping are just strange and changing signs of another healthy pregnancy!  I didn't sleep last night and was a nervous wreck until my appointment, but all fears were put at ease within seconds of the ultrasound.  (Which was a completely new experience for me, as it was internal - the only thing that would have made it more fun is if there was a "vibrate" option on that baby.)

Here is our little bebe in 2D, a lovely mass of cells that measures 1.16 cm (or 0.46 inches).  The heart was so beautifully flickering on screen - yes, I cried!  The heart rate was at 150, once again high, which typically means girl - but let's remember that Sean had a high heart rate, too!  Also, only one baby was found, so stop the twin rumors out there!
  
But much cooler than the 2D image is this (albeit) small image on the right of our baby in 4D.  That cavernous space is my uterus, and that mass that Trey so lovingly described as a wad of gum is the baby!  If you can use a bit of imagination, at the top left is its head, and its body continues along the wall of my uterus, and those are wee-bitty arms and legs just starting to grow down towards the bottom left.  

And my due date was pretty much right on.  The computer said December 7th, but we aren't changing the official date from the 8th.  Besides, Sean was a week early, so I'm officially predicting November 29th right here and now.  After the ultrasound, they sucked out six vials of blood for various testing, and I was sent home completely wiped out.  So I apologize for the lack of phone calls, but I got home, put Sean to bed, and crashed!  Regardless, everything looks perfect!  

8 comments:

jodi said...

Glad to hear things went well! Let me know if you find a dr. that has a vibrate option on the internal ultrasound ;)

Katie aka the suburban SAHM said...

I was thinking of you all day and was so happy to read your post this evening. It made my day to hear all is well. Congratulations again!

Katie

Raines Inc said...

I was thinking of you today!! I am glad that little bebe looks great!!! Congrats

Karon said...

I was thinking about you all day yesterday. I am so glad that you got a good report at the dr's office. Lack of symptoms mean nothing! ;) Just makes you worry!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you all! Hugs and kisses, Mom K

Angie said...

So glad to get on here and read the good news!!! Congrats again!!!

Mandy said...

Yeah! It does look kind of like a wad of gum by the way!

Amy @ FitMommas said...

Thanks for all your prayers!!