Friday, March 21, 2008

Purina Farms....it's supposed to be fun.

Yesterday AM, the little boo and I headed out to Purina Farms, an interactive farm (owned by Nestle Purina) about 45 minutes away.  It was an adventure from the get-go.  We went with our MOPS group, and caravanned with Mandy & Jane from my table.  I set off without a change of clothes for Sean or lunch for either of us.  On my way to our meeting point, Jane calls in a panic wondering if I remembered directions.  Uh, apparently I forgot those too!  So Jane says she'll be a bit late while she reprints her.  

I continue to our rendevous point, a commuter lot at 94 & 40.  I'm shocked that Mandy isn't waiting for us, but wasn't smart enough to have her cell phone number on me.  After 15 minutes and still no Jane or Mandy, I step out of the van, and realize that there's another commuter lot across the Hwy!  I call Jane, and she informs me that she cruised right by the 94 exit and is already across the river in Chesterfield.  So she pulls over, and I head over to the other lot, where I find Mandy patiently waiting!  We're like The Three Stooges!  Eventually, we all get together and head out for the long drive.  

Once there, we're armed with our strollers, ready to have some fun!  And so was every school not on Spring Break, plus half of St. Louis that was on Spring Break.  The place is packed.  And we have strollers.....navigating the crowds.....on a farm.  Sean and Emma (Mandy's 17 month old) are cranky, and Jane's 3 year old, Sam, is running everywhere but where we are.  OMG, all three of us almost lost it ten times each.  At one point, I'm holding Sean, pushing the stroller, when I feel a warm wetness hit my side.  Sean has peed out of his diaper.  Remember the lack of extra clothes?  Yeah, that was important.  

So then I have a kid who I have to change out in the open, and put wet jeans back on him.  Oh, he was not pleased!  We avoided what was probably a very fun performance with the farm's show dogs, and decided to grab some lunch at the snack bar.  At least Sean enjoyed that.  We then finished the day with a wagon ride, which Sean was insisting he wouldn't like, but once we got going, he didn't cry or fuss - and at that point, I really didn't care if he liked it or not!  I know...Bad Mom!    

It was a day.  An exhausting day.  We thought the only way we could top it off was to head over to the Zoo after that, maybe finish the day at the Butterfly House.  But we headed home instead, where I fell asleep on the couch while Sean stayed up the rest of the day!  

 
Here's Sean in the Easter Village, checking out the baby chicks.  He thought all the animals were very cool, but wouldn't pet any of them.  He did expand his repertoire of animal sounds!

No comments: