Sunday, March 30, 2008

From STRESS to Spa....AAAHHHH!

I was still a bit frustrated when I woke up Saturday morning.  The Aries in me can't handle the feeling of knowing I'm being screwed - it makes me twitchy!

Serendipitously, the spa day I scheduled over a month ago for my mom and I was also on Saturday!  By 10am, we were at Salon de Christe, ready to be pampered in serene calmness.  Oh, it was so lovely!  First we stripped down to our waffle-weaved body wraps, robes and slippers.  Mom was off to the facial room, while I headed over to the message room.  An hour of full body message.  With heated, herb-infused body wraps.  Heaven!

After an hour, I was off to the facial room, while mom was off to the wet-room for her body polish.  Facials are almost as relaxing as messages, except when they use that torturous extractor on your face.  Alas, they have to remove the nasties from your face somehow.  Either way, my face glowed when I was done!

Then we got dressed and had a quiet lunch, catered by St. Louis Bread Co.  Yummy Asian Sesame Chicken Salad!  Mom had a Chicken Caesar Salad, though she didn't scarf hers down quite the same way I did!

Our last treat was a manicure for mom and a pedicure for me.  I didn't realize mine was a special pedicure, and I was treated to more herb-infused relaxation as Charity earned her money scraping my feet into oblivion.  The only bummer was the fact that it was in the forties outside, and my feet were freakin' cold heading home in my flip-flops.  And of course, today, they are back in shoes and socks.....

Regardless, the day was lovely, the relaxation much-needed, and it was a fabulous was to spend a few hours with Mom!  Thanks to Dad and GiGi for the gift certificate - and thanks to Mom for living so close by that we can do things like this together!

No comments: